Monday, November 24, 2008

Why can't we all just get along?

I know that there is a certain level of dysfunction in everyone’s family, and I certainly don’t claim to have more than anyone else out there. I just wish differences could be put aside to be able to enjoy a couple of days with family. My sister and her two boys came to visit Friday & Saturday. We were supposed to have Thanksgiving dinner early (Saturday night), but things didn’t go as planned. I’ll spare you the ugly details….but it was by no means pleasant. I am glad that I was able to spend time with all my nephews (and watching Caleigh act as the ‘mama hen’ was amusing) – they played with the chikens and the turkeys (more like terrorized them), which also meant cleaning poop off shoes – but a good time was had by all the kids. Nothing has ever been ‘normal’ per se with my family – and there’s really no reason why things can’t be. I feel like I’m constantly fighting a losing battle – and it’s exhausting. And on top of that I was getting sick (sore throat, headache – just like everyone else around here I’m sure), so I didn’t even get out of bed yesterday until around lunch time. I ventured out to get some medicine and a few groceries and just laid low for the rest of the day.
I did manage to get some cute pictures of the kids Saturday, and I hope to get those up soon.
I do ask for prayers – particularly for one member of my family. I don’t want my girls to grow up with so much negativity as I did – there’s absolutely no need for it, and we only get one life to live here on earth, so we might as well make the best of it…..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Rub-a-dub-dub...
Abbey has decided she likes bath time. For the first few weeks of her life she HATED baths (so did mommy and daddy). She likes kicking her feet in the water.

my caleigh bug....

my caleigh bug....
this was before we got her hair cut - her bangs were awful! :-)

Caleigh

Caleigh
Yes, she has 'bed head'. She didn't even change out of her PJ's until she had a bath that night. Any time that I want to get her all 'cutsied up' to take pictures, she refuses and it turns into a battle until I finally give up. Guess I'm having to pay for being so stubborn myself....