Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a Memory!

Tuesday night I went to a Kairos support group at the YMCA downtown. For those of you who don’t know, Kairos is a prison ministry. Kairos Inside is where men actually go inside Parchmen and minister to the inmates. Kairos Outside is designed for women who have either been incarcerated, or have been affected by the incarceration of a loved one. I went on an ‘Outside’ weekend in September 2007 and it was wonderful. My brother was arrested in April 2007, and was sentenced with 20 years (but he won’t have to serve that long). It wasn’t the first time he had been arrested – but he couldn’t get out of it this time, thank goodness. I say that because if he had not been sent to prison, I am certain that he would be dead – or almost there. Meth is such a powerful drug that has ruined so many lives – and we just can’t get rid of it. I hope that he is there long enough to have a chance to stay off of it when he gets out (but that’s a choice he has to make….), If any of you know someone who would benefit from this – let me know and I can give you more information.
ANYWAY – One of the ladies there that night looked at me and said ‘Did your last name used to be Neyman?’. I said yes, and she told me she was Ms. Fisher – Mrs. Burris’s assistant teacher when I was in KINDERGARTEN! Now you tell me that’s not a good memory. I couldn’t believe it. Of all places to see someone over 20 years later…
On a different note, I hope to get some pictures from Halloween up soon so everyone can see my sweet girls……




2 comments:

  1. Thats neat that she still rememberd you after all these years and all those many kids later!! We missed yall Friday night, we will get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about him often and hope that he is doing well. I pray for him and your whole family. You are an inspiration for taking on a ministry like this when it has affected you so closely.

    ReplyDelete

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Rub-a-dub-dub...
Abbey has decided she likes bath time. For the first few weeks of her life she HATED baths (so did mommy and daddy). She likes kicking her feet in the water.

my caleigh bug....

my caleigh bug....
this was before we got her hair cut - her bangs were awful! :-)

Caleigh

Caleigh
Yes, she has 'bed head'. She didn't even change out of her PJ's until she had a bath that night. Any time that I want to get her all 'cutsied up' to take pictures, she refuses and it turns into a battle until I finally give up. Guess I'm having to pay for being so stubborn myself....