Monday, November 10, 2008

Another weekend gone....

Well, it's Monday again. We had a pretty good weekend. Jesse, Abbey, and I went to Tuscaloosa Saturday to take care of some Christmas shopping. Caleigh stayed with Mike and Diann (Santa needs the element of surprise, right?). We weren't able to get everything taken care of, but we got the biggest item out of the way. We ate at Olive Garden for lunch (YUM!), but I had a major headache and was relieved when we finally headed home.
Then there's Sunday.... We got up to get ready for church (granted, I didn't get up as early as I needed to - but when do I ever??). So at 8:45 I was still not dressed, so we decided then we would not be making it to Sunday school. Caleigh was having meltdown after meltdown and I should NOT have thought it was so important to curl her hair (it must have still been damp the night before when she went to bed because it was all crinked up), but I wanted it to be cute. She was already screaming and crying when I started...then she started coughing (like she was trying to make herself sick) and spitting - so I lost my cool and yelled at her to stop and oh boy, that just really set her off. So Jesse made the executive decision for us just to stay home. I hate it when Sunday's start off so badly. It's supposed to be a day of rest - not STRESS! I really have to work on my level of patience.
I took some pictures of Abbey for her 6 month 'birthday' - although I was nearly 2 weeks over due. I somehow managed to misplace my USB cable for my camera, so as soon as I locate it, I'll get some pictures up. Oh, and Abbey is finally getting a tooth! Caleigh already had 2 on the bottom when she was 6 months, so Abbey's got some catching up to do. You can feel it just breaking through the gum.
Anyway....I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Rub-a-dub-dub...
Abbey has decided she likes bath time. For the first few weeks of her life she HATED baths (so did mommy and daddy). She likes kicking her feet in the water.

my caleigh bug....

my caleigh bug....
this was before we got her hair cut - her bangs were awful! :-)

Caleigh

Caleigh
Yes, she has 'bed head'. She didn't even change out of her PJ's until she had a bath that night. Any time that I want to get her all 'cutsied up' to take pictures, she refuses and it turns into a battle until I finally give up. Guess I'm having to pay for being so stubborn myself....