Monday, December 8, 2008

Good News...I think

So my brother is finally getting moved closer – I hope. A while back he had been approved for transfer to the facility in Louisville (Winston Co.). He had a hold put on his transfer because they were trying to get him moved from B custody to A custody (not really sure what all this means, but it would have been a good move). And they only move B custody inmates to Winston Co. (not sure why this is the case, but that’s what David was told; my mother has actually been telling people something different – but that is false information – as well as another dysfunctional drama that would take me quite some time to explain). At any rate, his move to A custody was rejected, so they are transferring him. I assume it is to Winston Co, but who knows. I received a letter from him yesterday with a note on the outside saying ‘it’s Thursday morning and they are moving me’ with a question mark. It would be awesome for him to be closer. I’ve only seen him twice in the year that he’s been in Leakesville. It’s especially sad this time of year….
I can’t believe Christmas is only a few weeks away. I am trying to make all my gifts this year, as I don’t have money to spend, and I refuse to go into more credit card debt than I already am just to buy gifts that might never get used. It’s such a nice feeling to not have to worry about buying everyone something. After all, it’s hard to really remember the reason for the season when you are all wrapped up in making sure you get the best gifts for everyone.




1 comment:

  1. that is good news!!
    Maybe we could ride together on Sundays to see them!! do you know what color his stripes will be? Chris's is green, i think black is before that one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Rub-a-dub-dub...
Abbey has decided she likes bath time. For the first few weeks of her life she HATED baths (so did mommy and daddy). She likes kicking her feet in the water.

my caleigh bug....

my caleigh bug....
this was before we got her hair cut - her bangs were awful! :-)

Caleigh

Caleigh
Yes, she has 'bed head'. She didn't even change out of her PJ's until she had a bath that night. Any time that I want to get her all 'cutsied up' to take pictures, she refuses and it turns into a battle until I finally give up. Guess I'm having to pay for being so stubborn myself....