Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Joys of Parenthood - HA!

I'm sure not everyone will appreciate this (although some of you fellow mothers might).
Jesse had to leave early this morning to go to Jackson to work for the day. He is usually the one who changes Abbey’s diaper in the morning, but since he was gone I had full parental duty all to myself. I was doing pretty good – I got out of bed early, took a shower, and got Caleigh up and ready for breakfast. I fixed Abbey’s bottle so it would be all ready for her when I got her up. So I go in her room and she’s just a talking and making those sweet baby noises. She sees me and gets the biggest grin on her face (which absolutely thrills me). I notice a bit of a stench of a dirty diaper. So I put her on the changing pad and we are talking and grinning and being silly. I get her yucky diaper off and am in the process of cleaning her up…when, well….I’ll spare you the details but apparently she wasn’t finished taking care of business. This happened 3 TIMES within a minute or so. The end of the changing pad was covered – an all the while she’s got this big grin on her face. It was a bit traumatic for me, but I finally managed to get her cleaned up and fed. Of course I call Jesse and let him know what he missed out on and how unfair it is that these things always happen when he’s out of town.
I still managed to get the girls dropped off and even had time to go by Hardee's on my way to work (I know – why would I even be hungry after that, but hey, a girl’s gotta eat).

4 comments:

  1. HAHA!! I'm so glad you share your day to day stories..they are so funny! your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl! I can't wait until Wes gets to experience this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! I agree the husbands ALWAYS miss all the fun stuff us mom's do!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad to see pics of the girls! they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Rub-a-dub-dub...
Abbey has decided she likes bath time. For the first few weeks of her life she HATED baths (so did mommy and daddy). She likes kicking her feet in the water.

my caleigh bug....

my caleigh bug....
this was before we got her hair cut - her bangs were awful! :-)

Caleigh

Caleigh
Yes, she has 'bed head'. She didn't even change out of her PJ's until she had a bath that night. Any time that I want to get her all 'cutsied up' to take pictures, she refuses and it turns into a battle until I finally give up. Guess I'm having to pay for being so stubborn myself....