Monday, September 8, 2008

Lessons Learned

Well, I decided to share this story so maybe if someone reading had something similar to happen then they would know what could happen. Jesse's dad (Mike) had the metal part of a bungee cord hit him on his knuckle (index finger). He thought it was broke, but chose not to go get it checked out at the time. He and Jesse went to the hunting club in Noxubee Co. Saturday and by the time they got home it was red, swollen, and well...just plain yucky. So he and Diann headed to the emergency room and they admitted him - and did surgery Sunday morning to get the infection out. It got pretty bad pretty quickly. I don't know what kind of infection it was (what type of bacteria, etc - I'm not to good with the medical lingo, so I'm just trying to interpret what I hear said). Apparently pond/lake water is NOT a good thing to get in a cut, etc. He may get to go home tomorrow. He needs your prayers! I know it's painful for him and I'm sure it'll be awhile before he gets to use his hand (at least it was his left hand - he's right-handed)....he's worried about getting to go fly fishing in October :-).
On a different note...It's Monday again and I am trying to have a better outlook on things as I go through each day. Some days it's hard - but I know I'm blessed to be able to get up each morning and see my family. I haven't been feeling very well, and I'm trying to do what I can to take care of my family. I can't help but feel like I'm failing when I do things like I did today and come home and lay down in the bed for an hour while Jesse is taking care of the girls. He doesn't mind a bit - after all, he is their father, but as a mother I guess I'm just made to feel like it's my primary duty. I just hope that I can get over this 'hump' - whatever it is, and enjoy each day to it's fullest because there is absolutely no reason not to......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Rub-a-dub-dub...
Abbey has decided she likes bath time. For the first few weeks of her life she HATED baths (so did mommy and daddy). She likes kicking her feet in the water.

my caleigh bug....

my caleigh bug....
this was before we got her hair cut - her bangs were awful! :-)

Caleigh

Caleigh
Yes, she has 'bed head'. She didn't even change out of her PJ's until she had a bath that night. Any time that I want to get her all 'cutsied up' to take pictures, she refuses and it turns into a battle until I finally give up. Guess I'm having to pay for being so stubborn myself....